Saj Ataullah was appointed is an NHS Consultant at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital (MREH), one of the largest teaching eye hospitals in Europe.
Saj specialises in Oculoplastic Surgery (also known as Ophthalmic Plastic Surgery or Oculofacial Surgery) which focuses on problems relating to the eyelids, eyebrows, tear ducts & orbit (eye socket).
- Saj graduated from Charing Cross & Westminster Medical School, University of London in 1991
- He trained for 7-years in Ophthalmology (in London & Manchester)
- Saj then specialised in Oculoplastic Surgery with periods of Fellowship training in Auckland & Manchester
- He was appointed as a Consultant Ophthalmic & Oculoplastic Surgeon at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital (MREH) in 2002.
- He is the Clinical Lead for Oculoplastic Surgery at MREH where he leads a team of 5 consultants, 3 oculoplastic fellows, trainees and specialist nurse practitioners
- Saj is a founder member of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS)
- He jointly runs an internationally renowned fellowship in oculoplastic, lacrimal and orbital surgery at MREH since 2002. During this time, Saj has trained surgeons from around the world as well as the U.K.
- Saj is the Director of the Manchester Oculoplastic, Lacrimal & Orbital Dissection Course which attracts oculoplastic surgeons from around the world.
- He has represented the Royal College of Ophthalmologists as College Tutor & Regional Adviser
- Saj has published in international peer-reviewed journals and has presented scientific papers in the USA, Australasia, the Middle East & Europe