Mr Yagan has been a consultant in neuro-ophthalmology and strabismus surgery at Manchester Royal Eye Hospital since 2015, performing complex squint assessments and operations, as well as botulinum toxin injections.
Mr Yagan has expertly managed various neuro-ophthalmology conditions affecting the visual pathways and ocular motility, providing assessment and diagnosis for such complex conditions.
Mr Yagan is also a clinical supervisor, training doctors in neuro-ophthalmology, squint and cataract operations. Mr Yagan has authored several papers, posters and presentations both nationally and internationally on general ophthalmology, neuro-ophthalmology and ocular motility.
Mr Yagan is a Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (RCOphth), North of England Ophthalmology Society (NEOS) and a member of the UK neuro-ophthalmology society (UKNOS).
Disorders assessed and treated by Mr Yagan:
- Neuro-ophthalmology disorders
- Optic nerve and visual pathway abnormalities
- Unexplained visual loss
- Eye movement abnormalities and double vision
Procedures undertaken by Mr Yagan:
- Temporal artery biopsy
- Surgical and medical treatment for double vision
- Squint surgery with adjustable sutures
- Botulinum toxin injections for squint and eyelid spasms (blepharospasm)
- Cataract surgery and lens implants
- YAG laser capsulotomy